的 资源回收 and 能源部门, formally the Waste Services Division, is committed to helping Will County residents and 9778818威尼斯官网 reduce waste and energy usage. This is being done by encouraging recycling, 重用, 可替代能源, conservation and assuring proper disposal of the remaining waste.
的 initial Waste Services Division was created in 1988 to provide for the planning of future disposal of Will County waste. 也是在1988年, Will County entered into a delegation agreement with the Illinois 环境al Protection Agency (IEPA) to enforce land disposal provisions of the 环境al Protection Act, and to provide inspections of non-hazardous waste sites. Recently, the 资源回收 & 能源部门 has begun to focus on promotion of energy efficiency and conservation, and manages the renewable energy contract at the County’s Landfill.
的 资源回收 and 能源部门 has six primary areas of responsibility:
- 教育 of the general public on proper waste disposal and recycling (school education programs, 研讨会, 文学, 特别活动, 等).
- Providing alternate disposal and recycling options through collection events and recycling facility development (tire, 家庭危险废物, 消费电子产品, 和藏书活动).
- Providing long and short term solid waste and energy planning (i.e., Solid Waste Plan Update, Long Term Energy Efficiency & Conservation Plan, Will County Landfill & Renewable Energy development, and permanent recycling locations).
- Inspecting and enforcing environmental regulations and applicable permits at non-hazardous waste sites through a delegation agreement with the IEPA.
- Promoting and educating the public and county employees on energy efficiency and conservation practices.
- Creating partnerships for promoting and enhancing renewable energy.